09 May Our suggestions on great places to travel with your family caravan in winter.
Ok, some of us like to clean up the family caravan, store it away for the cooler months. But, if you are up for a little adventure and sights you just can’t enjoy in summer here are our suggestions on where to go caravanning in winter, to enjoy the cold, and some options for those who like to avoid it!
With a little preparation (and obviously some added layers packed) there are some great places for caravanning in winter. Don’t forget to pack the marshmallows, because if camp fires are allowed, you won’t want to be without those, perfect toasted marshmallow weather!
Some places that are great for caravanning with the kids on a family holiday in the cooler states are:
Warburton in the Yarra Valley, VIC
- Get back to nature and enjoy the sights of the Warburton Valley either staying in family holiday parks, or surrounded by nature here. With possible snow in the area at Mt Donna Buang you will want to pack the snow boots, but what a beautiful sight! Great for some snow play with the kids.
- There are markets, galleries, walks, 4×4 tracks, trail rides and beautiful forest settings to explore here.
Gippsland – Paradise Beach, Vic
- Fireplaces are provided for the cold nights, but this is a site that is unpowered and right along the beach. If you are up for an adventure with your caravan in tow along the coast then this one might be for you.
- Gippsland is well known for its beaches and bush settings. With Lakes Entrance being in the region you are sure to find activities to suit if you are rugged up including fishing, wildlife spotting, shopping, galleries, walks, 4×4 tracks and if you are keen for a little sand in your lunch, a family favourite fish and chips by the beach.
- A beautiful place all year round, Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains of NSW has all of the activities you may want to try on a family caravanning holiday including horse riding, fishing, hiking and tours of the nearby snow covered Mount Kosciusko. If you are rugged up right these winter activities can keep you active through the days.
- Jindabyne is a great base near the snowfields in the colder months and there are plenty of options for caravanning in the area.
If you aren’t up for a cold weather adventure and want to get away to the warmer states, head up north, or if you are up north…try these spots for a family holiday. Either for a weekend caravanning with the kids or a couple of weeks of sunshine, try these spots:
The Daintree, QLD
- A rare place you can go where the rainforest meets the sea. Full of camping spots suitable for caravans, you could find yourself spending the night on an absolute beach front site where the temperature averages 25 degrees in July.
- Enjoy touring the rivers and the reef and experience the rainforest via foot, or on horse back. There are crocodile and wildlife tours, 4×4 adventures as well as the luxury of spa’s and restaurants in the area.
Kakadu National Park, NT
- Need we say more …. 31 degrees on average in July. Pack up your family caravan now and hit the road! This is a special place, filled with great views, so much wildlife and fresh air you will see things here that will have you thinking back to this destination for years to come.
- With caravan parks in the area, or camp grounds for free camping, you can experience the wildlife, the hiking and exploring the area in anyway you like. Suited to longer trips you will not forget visiting this region of Australia and… you won’t need to pack the winter woolies!
Of course we live in one of the greatest countries for caravanning with kids. There are so many areas that we haven’t listed that are fabulous for camping and caravanning and we aim to add more…tell us where you love to head on your family holidays in the colder months so we can add it to our list of places to go.
If you are planning on caravanning with the kids and hitting the road to see Australia, but haven’t made the move to a caravan yet or need a new family caravan, chat to us today about how we can get you on the road in one of our purpose built family caravans. Visit our website now to view the range now, and get dreaming… VISIT WEBSITE